Car Rental Service
- Avis Car Rent Airport Tel: 0-7635-1243,
Kata Beach Resort Tel : 0-7638-1530-3
- Boomerang Travel & Tour 71/13 Patak
Road, Chalong Bay Tel: 0-7638-1690
- Dusit Laguna Hotel Bang Thao Beach Tel:
- Hertz Car Rent Thawon Palm Beach Hotel,
Karon Beach Tel: 0- 7638-1034-7
- Holiday Inn Patong Beach Tel: 0-7634-0608
- K.M. Travel Phangnga Road Tel: 0-7621-0893
- Le Meridian Karon Noi Beach Tel: 0-7634-0480-5
- The Metropol Hotel Montri Road Tel:
- Pansea Surin Beach Tel: 0-7632-4017-20
- Patong Merlin Patong Beach Tel: 0-7634-0037-41
- Pearl Village Nai Yang Beach Tel: 0-7632-7006
- Phuket Arcadia Karon Beach Tel: 0-7638-1038-40
- Phuket Airport Tel: 0-7632-7258
- Phuket Cabana Patong Beach Tel: 0-7634-0138-4
- Phuket Car Center Takua Pa Road Tel:
- Phuket Island Tel: 0-7638-1010
- Phuket Yacht Charter 5/3 Chao Fa Road
- Phuket Horizon Car Rent 235/4 Yaowarat
Road, Tambon Talat Nua, Muang District Tel: 0-7621-5200
- Pure Car Rent Opposite Thavorn Hotel,
Ratsada Road, Tel: 0- 7621-1002
- Via Rent A Car 70/85 Rat U-Thit, Patong
Beach Tel: 0-7634-0160
It costs approximately 20 baht / person
/ trip to travel around Phuket City. Alternatively, motorcycles
can be rented from rental agencies located on Rasada Road
or from several operators along beaches. The cost may vary
from 150 baht 300 baht / day, depending on the number of cylinders.
Songthaeo and Tuk-Tuk
Songthaeos are operated along Ranong Road
to several destinations on the beaches. The cost varies from
approximately 20 baht to 25 baht / person / trip. Normally
the service is provided from 7.00 a.m. until 5.00 p.m.
Tuk-Tuks can be chartered to the beach however,
the rates which can be negotiated are higher at 200 baht to
Patong Beach, 230 baht to Karon and Kata Beaches and 300 baht
to Nai Han and Kamala Beaches. However, Tuk-Tuks drive around
the town at the rate of 20 baht.
Visitors can call 076 232157-8 to get a
metered taxi that will take them anywhere in Phuket. The metered
fare will include a 20 baht surcharge.
Getting to nearby provinces
There are regular bus services (VIP, air-conditioned
and non-air-conditioned) to neighboring provinces such as
Krabi, Phang-nga, Chumphon, Ko Samui (bus/boat), Nakhon Si
Thammarat, Ranong, Surat Thani, Satun, Hat Yai, Takua-Pa and
Trang. Departures are from the Phuket Bus Terminal off Phang-nga
Road. For more up-to-date schedules and fares, call Phuket
Air-conditioned Bus Station, tel. 0 7621 1977.
Taxis & Vans
There are shared taxi and van services between
Phuket and other nearby provinces. Fares of both are generally
around double the fare of an ordinary bus. The stations of
both taxis and minivans are also on Phang-nga Road.
Some domestic airlines operate flights from
Phuket to Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Trang, Hat Yai
and Samui. For more details, check with your travel agent
or the TAT office.
Getting to nearby islands from Phuket
Boats to nearby islands can be found at
the following ports:
An old local port, it is from here that long-tail boats depart
for nearby islands such as Ko He, Ko Racha Yai, Ko Mai Thon,
Ko Lon, etc. The chartered price depends on the distance.
The largest port of Phuket that has all kinds of boats, including
cruisers of tour companies which organize package tours to
Located near Phanwa Cape, the port
is only for cruisers and container ships. Boat Lagoon Port
(Ao Sapam) The port is for traveling boats of tour companies.